Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A farewell to...Ljubljana

Time is passing so quickly...but the light falling through your camera lens is even faster. The past year passed with an unreal speed and I am feeling thankful that I have been able to capture some of this moments as photographs. 

The time spent in Ljubljana made me pick up analog photography and I immediately got stuck, diving deeper into the subject. My work allowed me to learn old photographic processes, experiment in the darkroom and enjoy trying various aspects of analog techniques. I feel blessed getting such opportunities.

The flicks below are from the last 35mm film I shot and developed in Ljubljana. Some of this places were very important to me during my stay like the center for alternative culture, Metelkova city, or the DIY skatepark in the former ROG bike factory. Streets of Lublana, I am gonna miss you!


a strange sculpure in Ljubljana: faces swimming down the stream

speak out the truth

table decoration in Slovenia

legendary DIY skatepark: the former bike factory ROG

culture corner: museums, galleries and a wallride

the most unique place: Metelkova, former anarchist squad now turned into concert, culture and nightlife hotspot

the all seeing eye

trash talks

photos & text: David Tiefenthaler

No comments:

Post a Comment